Date: July 11, 2007
Houston Ebony Opera Announces Concert of Highlights from PORGY and BESS
Highlights from PORGY AND BESS, the classic American opera by George Gershwin, will make up the program of Houston Ebony Opera's Annual Opera Gems Concert. Featuring soloists and chorus, the program will be held at 5:00 p.m., Sunday, August 5, 2007 in Zilkha Hall of the Hobby Center, 800 Bagby Street in Downtown Houston.
Tickets are available through the Hobby Center Box Office by any of the following methods:
• By phone at 713-315-2525
• Online at www.TheHobbyCenter.org
• In person at the box office window
Ticket prices are as follows:
• General Admission: $25
• Senior Adults (age 65 and over): $20 with proper I.D. shown at the door
• Students of all ages: $15 with proper I.D. shown at the door
• Conductor's Circle: $50 with option to purchase companion tickets at $25 each.
• Conductor's Circle ticket holders will be listed in the program and invited to a post-concert
• reception with conductor Willie Anthony Waters and other artists.
The featured soloists for this exciting concert will be New York soprano Geraldine McMillian, tenor David Brewer, a former Houstonian now based in Europe along with Houston's own bass-baritone Dorceal Duckens. The Houston Ebony Opera Chorus will sing under the baton of Willie Anthony Waters, Houston Ebony Opera's artistic director and conductor of the August 5 concert.
The Opera Gems Concert on August 5 will be made possible by generous support from the Houston Downtown Alliance, Merrill Lynch, CenterPoint Energy, KUHF Radio, the City of Houston through the Houston Arts Alliance, and other supporters.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TICKETS
For additional information, please call the Houston Ebony Opera office at 713-333-2236.
For tickets, contact the Hobby Center Box Office at 713-315-2525 or online at www.thehobbycenter.org